Ashe County 4th of July Livestock Show
You are invited to join us on Saturday, July 1, 2017 at the Upper Mountain Research Station in Laurel Springs, North Carolina for our Annual 4th of July Livestock Show.
Weigh-in starts at 8:30 a.m. and the show starts at 10:00 a.m. The animal show barn will be closed to visitors. Coolers will be allowed. The North Carolina Cooperative Extension, Ashe County Center staff has worked many hard hours planning and fundraising to ensure that participants will have a successful experience.
1. This show is open to all youth (5 years of age or older). Exhibitors under 18 years of age as of January 1, 2017 are eligible to participate in the showmanship categories. All participants will be required to complete registration information including a W-9 form (which requires participant social security number).
2. Adults may show in the type classes. Adults will be placed separate from youth.
3. Every animal must have registered with the North Carolina Cooperative Extension, Ashe County Center by Friday, June 16, 2017 to participate.
4. Scrapie tags are required for sheep and goats. No animals unloaded without health papers or checked by show official!
5. In any case where questions arise, the decision of the judges and staff will be final.
6. Class winners will receive premium awards as follows: First place winners will receive $20.00; Second place winners will receive $15.00; and Third place winners will receive $10.00.
7. All liability, injury and registration forms (including W-9) must be completed and signed (if under age 18 by legal guardian) to participate.
All Entry Forms must be mailed, faxed or brought by the North Carolina Cooperative Extension, Ashe County Center, 134 Government Circle, Suite 202, Jefferson, NC 28640, by Friday, June 16, 2017 – fax number (336) 846-5882.
All exhibitors must pre-register to participate in this show. If you have any questions please call the Extension Office at (336) 846-5850.